- Pumping station the Waterwolf, is an industrial heritage.
- Picnic site Elektra, is situated near the storage pumping station “de Waterwolf”. Here is also the possibility to have a drink at diner cafe the 70s. There are public toilets behind this restaurant. (It is a little outdated but necessity knows no law).
- Kommerzijl, the birthplace of Jan Wiegers a well-known member of the Groningen art group “De Ploeg”.
Make a stop in Kommerzijl and get a delicious sandwich at Bakkerij Smit. Children can also enjoy playing in nature playground Noorderriet .
- Near the village you have a large fruit grower, “Oudenbosch”. This one has a shop where you can buy delicious fruit and local products. It has a small terrace and playground. If you enter the Niehoofsterdiep (for 1 km) on your left you will see a wooden jetty on the side of the waterway. You can moor here and, at a passage between the trees, you can already see the entrance to the farm shop.
- At Niezijl you can pass the bridge Niezijlstertil, after the bridge there are some berths available. In Niezijl, you can go for a walk or have a picnic. A visit to the Can, drum and antiquities museum is definitely worthwhile.
A visit to the museum starts with a warm welcome from Hein and Tineke. While you enjoy your coffee/tea and museum cake, they will tell you all about the origins of the collection. There is also time to reminisce and gain new impressions yourself.
For opening hours and visits call: +31 594212512